Sunday, July 5, 2009

California, here I come!

Alex's first soccer game. Go GOLD team!!
After Alex's game we decided to pack up & head to California!!
11 hrs later (& on Tuesday) we arrived!! FINALLY!!

After we rested & baked a few things, Alex & I drove to half moon bay, it was kind of cold, but Alex still played in the waves! I was sitting on the beach with a blanket wrapped around me while he was frolicking in the surf... That kid is crazy..
Some of those waves were HUGE!
Batman na na na na na na na batman... That's what I was singing while he was running Oh it got cold enough for him to take his shirt off... Ya he's crazy!! But he had so much fun!We went to Marine World (they so wish they were Sea World).. It's also a six flags, but we forgot Alex's platforms so we couldn't go on the super awesome rides!Look, look, look!! A dolphin!!! I wanted to ride the dolphin, but someone wouldn't let me jump in the tank with it...
We also saw Shamu (or shuka as the northern Californians like to call her) it was pretty dang sweet... I didn't get to ride Shamu either... My dream of riding a sea creature is never going to come true..

Kayaking in Monterey. Alex looks like a little surfer dude.. SO CUTE!!!
We paddled up next to the sea lions & seals, they would pop out of the ocean right next to us!!! Then I pulled a starfish off a cement wall & I went to put the little guy back, but he fell into the ocean.. I was devastated, but the kayaking dude said it was ok... I can breath again...

We didn't get to bring the camera on the kayak... I guess I'll always have the memories...
So hot right now

The lovely Kayak crossing sign, we really did cross with our kayak there!!
Sunday after church we packed a picnic & headed back to half Moon.. I didn't want to get wet, but Alex was scaring me because he was getting SO close to the huge waves, one crashed down on us... & I looked like I peed my pants..

I am not pointing to anything special.. I am trying to explain to Alex that the huge waves could suck him up & take him out to sea, but this is a cute pic!
So sad to leave.. I didn't like the 11 hr drive, but I might be willing to do it again =)

No comments: